Originally posted on August 23, 2021 @ 11:00 am
In life, self-discipline is important. Being self disciplines requires several things, it enables you to choose, pegsthe way for your actions, thoughts, and behavior. According to research, the are five pillars of self-discipline namely;
1. Acceptance: In other to be self-discipline we have to perceive reality accurately and consciously acknowledge what we perceive.
We have to accept failures and responsibilities. Without acceptance, we are ignorant.
2. Willpower: Our bodies are our gardens to which our wills are gardeners. ~ William Shakespeare. Topossessself-discipline, there has to be the ability to work on yourself.
3. Hard work: willpower requires hard work and one of the pillars of self-discipline is hard work. In life, it’s normal to encounter various challenges, and to face life challenges is the implementation of hard work. To be self-discipline requires hard work.
4. Persistence: One of the major perks of self-discipline is persistence, the more persistent you are, the stronger you become, and also the better the self-control.
5. Industry: to be industrious means to put in the time, make out time when needed to discipline yourself.
Self-discipline is the ability to control one’s emotional state, regardless of the situation at hand. It is one of the tools of personal improvement and development. Following the pillars of self-discipline, there are also benefits which include:
- Self discipline help you to acquire set goals.
- It is satisfactory.
- It helps to overcome obstacles such as discomfort, procrastination and addiction.
- Self discipline is a game changer.
- Self control rides the same both with self discipline. With self discipline, you’ve acquired self control
- It helps to line out your priorities.
- Self discipline paves way for a healthier life.
Being able to control one’s feelings and overcome one’s weakness is the driving force of self-discipline, And it’s encouraged as individuals to give room for self-discipline in our lives for future growth.
How are you doing, how was the weekend?
Hope you enjoyed today’s tips series with May.
Question for the day: rate yourself from 1-10, how self disciplined are you in terms of life affairs.
Hey, see you in the comment section. The ultimate go-to tips 😉